collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2024/25 by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:58:17 PM]

When he gets the ball by Chap
[Today at 07:57:34 PM]

BSC Young Boys vs Aston Villa CL Pre-Match by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:57:15 PM]

Gary Shaw - RIP by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:55:00 PM]

Jhon Durán by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:17:53 PM]

Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:53:53 PM]

Ross Barkley by john e
[Today at 06:23:53 PM]

Emi Buendia by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 06:22:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:58:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:58:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by VillaTim
[Today at 07:58:08 PM]

Re: When he gets the ball by Chap
[Today at 07:57:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by Tuscans
[Today at 07:57:27 PM]

Re: BSC Young Boys vs Aston Villa CL Pre-Match by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:57:15 PM]

Re: Gary Shaw - RIP by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:55:00 PM]

Re: BSC Young Boys vs Aston Villa CL Pre-Match by villa_cads
[Today at 07:49:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you taking the piss?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Paul.S

Re: Are you taking the piss?
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2024, 04:03:46 PM »
Surely this isn’t how it appears?

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2024, 06:23:24 PM »
Complaint sent to fancomplaints@avfc.co.uk at 11.57 & response receive from Lee Preece at 12.37. Basically a ‘Thank you and being passed to Senior Management’.
I am complaint number 933.
Could we get the numbers up a bit? It only takes a few minutes -
Copy & paste wherever you put on here - it’ll be more use in a complaint email!
Later we could do a FOI request & show the strength of feeling as part of a campaign.

Sent my complaint in last night and received standard reply earlier this afternoon.
# 994.
Should be through the thousand by now. Let keep them coming.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2024, 10:01:46 PM »
It’s a great article and it pretty much sums up how we all feel. I could probably afford a ticket but then add fuel, food, program etc and it’s becoming ridiculous. What’s also really annoying though is the great and the good of the sports journalism world lining up to condemn the club while overlooking the many misdemeanours of other “top” clubs

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2024, 10:10:10 AM »
It’s a great article and it pretty much sums up how we all feel. I could probably afford a ticket but then add fuel, food, program etc and it’s becoming ridiculous. What’s also really annoying though is the great and the good of the sports journalism world lining up to condemn the club while overlooking the many misdemeanours of other “top” clubs

I thought that too.  It's like Villa is the first club to, you know, be a bit greedy. 

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2024, 11:38:09 AM »
Arsenal have been heavily criticised in the past

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2024, 01:08:12 PM »
I was out last night with a few lads who are all season ticket holders of some years.
The general consensus was that if things didn’t change regarding how the loyal fan base are treated then nobody would be renewing next season.
My first game was in 73 and I’ve been a season ticket holder since 79 with 2, 1 season gaps in between and I’ve never felt so unwanted. Loyalty is a 2 way thing and although I appreciate prices rise, over the last few years the urine has been taken. I’ve gone from being angry, to sadness that my club is probably no longer for me.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2024, 03:23:43 PM »
I was out last night with a few lads who are all season ticket holders of some years.
The general consensus was that if things didn’t change regarding how the loyal fan base are treated then nobody would be renewing next season.
My first game was in 73 and I’ve been a season ticket holder since 79 with 2, 1 season gaps in between and I’ve never felt so unwanted. Loyalty is a 2 way thing and although I appreciate prices rise, over the last few years the urine has been taken. I’ve gone from being angry, to sadness that my club is probably no longer for me.

There needs to be a compilation of all the posts like this and a (public) request via every discussion forum, podcast and fan meeting that they are passed on to the owners.

Offline Accent Guy

• GM : 07.08.2025
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2024, 07:26:11 PM »

Nothing will change and if anything, prices will continue to rise. The club needs to make money for PSR reasons and that is why Heck was brought in.

Personally I think despite what people are saying now, everyone will renew or they will pass their season ticket on to someone in the waiting list. Nobody following Villa through the shit times is going to want to miss out on the good times. No matter what they are saying now. That's just my opinion.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2024, 07:43:17 PM »

Nothing will change and if anything, prices will continue to rise. The club needs to make money for PSR reasons and that is why Heck was brought in.

Personally I think despite what people are saying now, everyone will renew or they will pass their season ticket on to someone in the waiting list. Nobody following Villa through the shit times is going to want to miss out on the good times. No matter what they are saying now. That's just my opinion.
There are financial implications as well as the missing moral compass of Heck. People are being priced out on top of everything of being disillusioned.

Offline Accent Guy

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2024, 07:50:05 PM »

There are financial implications as well as the missing moral compass of Heck. People are being priced out on top of everything of being disillusioned.

£20 more to see us play in the Champions League, whilst certainly an increase, isn't going to an effect on the attendance in anyway. It's the UK not Haiti. I suspect people will find the extra £20.from somewhere. It's the Champions League so people will pay it.and the board know this.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2024, 07:54:28 PM »

Let's hope we see leadership this week.

If they are going to put prices up for fans because they need the money they could at least do it with somebody at the helm who has some dignity and doesn't pop up every few months to piss all over the mood of fans.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2024, 07:55:02 PM »
£37 increase on my seat

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2024, 08:15:59 PM »

£20 more to see us play in the Champions League, whilst certainly an increase, isn't going to an effect on the attendance in anyway. It's the UK not Haiti. I suspect people will find the extra £20.from somewhere. It's the Champions League so people will pay it.and the board know this.

I think you’re conflating two separate things. Are you talking about regular attendees at Villa Park such as season ticket holders, members etc or are you just talking about anybody buying a ticket?

If its the latter, then you’re probably right, people will fill the seats and if season ticket holders don’t go, someone else probably will pay for their seat.

If its the former, then I think your making an uneducated guess about everyones individual financial position. I have a decent job, Im not poor by any stretch, I live a nice life but we’re not wealthy and money is gone by pay day. Ive had to pay on my credit card for the Bayern tickets which i dont like doing, and Ive already made the decision I cant afford all the home games on top of paying £147 a month for me and the kids season tickets. I know we wont be going to the Bologna game, not sure about Juve and Celtic, might have to be one of them. There will be plenty of season ticket holders in a similar position I would guess.

So yea, all the games probably will sell out, but it won’t necessarily be the regulars who have been going for years filling all the seats.

Offline Accent Guy

« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2024, 08:53:39 PM »
Yes that's a fairly accurate post.

The club won't care who pays the money as long as someone does. That's just the way it is, and the way it will always be.

Shit for atmosphere, good for the balance sheet. See Old Trafford, Anfield etc...

Offline danno

« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2024, 09:17:02 PM »
It’s admittedly a small thing but the match day pricing over the past two seasons is slowly pushing me away from attending as regularly.

The price difference between an A and B fixture is much wider than I can ever remember it. (e.g.) Seats in the Holte will be £55 for a B and then £67 for an A fixture.

Category A games are usually televised anyway, and this is probably just a bugbear of mine but paying the same amount for a home ticket against Man City to watch us play Leicester and Wolves really grates.

I mean seriously £67 to watch us play Leicester?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal