collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:43:01 AM]

When he gets the ball by Hopadop
[Today at 01:12:30 AM]

Villa What-If Moments by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:52:25 AM]

Gary Shaw - RIP by purpletrousers
[Today at 12:51:16 AM]

Champions League by coreyfeldman
[Today at 12:39:19 AM]

The moist-eyed return by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:06:51 AM]

Other Games - 2024/25 by pauliewalnuts
[September 18, 2024, 11:46:00 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by pauliewalnuts
[September 18, 2024, 11:45:34 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:43:01 AM]

Re: When he gets the ball by Hopadop
[Today at 01:12:30 AM]

Re: Villa What-If Moments by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:52:25 AM]

Re: Gary Shaw - RIP by purpletrousers
[Today at 12:51:16 AM]

Re: Champions League by coreyfeldman
[Today at 12:39:19 AM]

The moist-eyed return by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:06:51 AM]

Re: Champions League by Bent Neilsens Screamer
[September 18, 2024, 11:53:58 PM]

Re: When he gets the ball by Footy-Vill
[September 18, 2024, 11:53:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are you taking the piss?  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Are you taking the piss?
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2024, 11:47:32 PM »
I'm a ST holder and have to say that our ST increase at 5% this season was much lower than say Spurs and Wolves increases. I'm prepared to pay the extra to see the likes of Bayern and Juventus at VP - it has been far too long to pass up the opportunity to see us in the world's top club competition. Also, I won't forget how NSWE saved our club from financial ruin in 2018 and have proved brilliant supportive owners ever since.

Offline amfy

• GM : 17.07.2025
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2024, 07:04:47 AM »
I was also surprised at how little my ST went up this year, but I’m not expecting the same next year.
They had to shift a lot of people this year, either a little or a lot, so I think they needed to keep the rises low to counter that.
Even they saw that they couldn’t ask people for a load more money while shifting them out of some of the best seats in the ground that they’d had for donkey’s years.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2024, 08:20:26 AM »
I was out last night with a few lads who are all season ticket holders of some years.
The general consensus was that if things didn’t change regarding how the loyal fan base are treated then nobody would be renewing next season.
My first game was in 73 and I’ve been a season ticket holder since 79 with 2, 1 season gaps in between and I’ve never felt so unwanted. Loyalty is a 2 way thing and although I appreciate prices rise, over the last few years the urine has been taken. I’ve gone from being angry, to sadness that my club is probably no longer for me.

Nothing will change and if anything, prices will continue to rise. The club needs to make money for PSR reasons and that is why Heck was brought in.

Personally I think despite what people are saying now, everyone will renew or they will pass their season ticket on to someone in the waiting list. Nobody following Villa through the shit times is going to want to miss out on the good times. No matter what they are saying now. That's just my opinion.

And you are probably correct with regards to most people renewing and not wanting to miss  the good times.
As proven last season, it’s the less glamorous games the club will struggle with as they did with the Everton League Cup game. I paid my £35 and went but the attendance was so low it made Heck think again. People weren’t happy with being charged £35 for a cup ticket and stayed away. Most aren’t happy with paying £79 by me for the Bayern game but will go because it’s a CL game. If, and I hope it happens, we become a regular CL club then we’ll see how far the prices rise and if people are willing or able to keep spending at least £320 plus a season extra plus any domestic cup games.
Last season for the conference games,
there were a lot of season ticket holders around me who didn’t attend for the initial league games. For me, it doesn’t matter who we play, I go to see the Villa. I’d ask the club to be careful, I’ve seen how attendances can drop. We had the best years I’ve ever seen from winning the league to the season we won the super cup. A few years later we were relegated and even after Sir Graham pulled us back up it took a long while to fill the ground again.
You’ve got to make your support feel valued, look after them because there will be a point when things aren’t so good and you’ll need them to pay up.

UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal