collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2024/25 by Small Rodent
[Today at 01:01:20 AM]

Young Boys away by Pat McMahon
[Today at 12:39:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by paul_e
[Today at 12:13:03 AM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by adrenachrome
[September 07, 2024, 11:19:18 PM]

Champions League 2024-2025 by olaftab
[September 07, 2024, 10:54:19 PM]

My Brother John. by Scovilla
[September 07, 2024, 10:51:45 PM]

Are you taking the piss? by Allan C
[September 07, 2024, 10:01:46 PM]

FFP by KevinGage
[September 07, 2024, 09:57:59 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by Small Rodent
[Today at 01:01:20 AM]

Re: Young Boys away by Pat McMahon
[Today at 12:39:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by paul_e
[Today at 12:13:03 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by robleflaneur
[Today at 12:01:35 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by Somniloquism
[September 07, 2024, 11:51:16 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by itbrvilla
[September 07, 2024, 11:47:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by AV84
[September 07, 2024, 11:43:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2024/25 by robleflaneur
[September 07, 2024, 11:28:20 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Amadou Onana - Signed  (Read 43818 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Amadou Onana - Signed
« Reply #375 on: July 25, 2024, 11:24:05 AM »
This is the correct video for that song.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #376 on: July 25, 2024, 01:10:04 PM »
This is the correct video for that song.

Cheating twat, but a genius cheating twat.

Sadly missed

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #377 on: July 25, 2024, 02:11:12 PM »

Sadly missed

He's well-regarded in Ireland.

Offline Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2024, 02:47:11 PM »

Sadly missed

How about Thierry?

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2024, 03:03:35 PM »

Sadly missed

How about Thierry?

M. Mugler's fragrances are fairly popular with the ladies.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #380 on: July 26, 2024, 01:04:11 PM »
He's a strong player physicality wise however he does need to work on his football intelligence and his passing and ability isn't anywhere near Douglas Luiz level in my view.
I do think signing Onana assists the defence and can go some way to addressing goals conceded.
That's the area that most needs addressing and Onana will offer stability as a 6 alongside Barkley.

Would like to see another midfielder in to address concern of Luiz leaving though.

Offline pablo_picasso

• GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #381 on: July 26, 2024, 01:35:13 PM »
He's a strong player physicality wise however he does need to work on his football intelligence and his passing and ability isn't anywhere near Douglas Luiz level in my view.
I do think signing Onana assists the defence and can go some way to addressing goals conceded.
That's the area that most needs addressing and Onana will offer stability as a 6 alongside Barkley.

Would like to see another midfielder in to address concern of Luiz leaving though.

There is nothing wrong with Onanas passing.

During Euro 2024, he had an average 90% passing accuracy per game. 92% of that was in his own half. 89% was in the opposition half.

During last years Premier League campaign, playing "Dycheball", he had an average 85% passing accuracy per game. 90% of that was in his own half. 81% of that was in the opposition half.

Which for the record, is pretty similar to Douglas Luiz Premier League campaign last season. (89% overall, 93% in own half, 80% in opposition half.)

So his passing ability is fine.

Especially within a team that actually plays passing football.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #382 on: July 26, 2024, 01:39:48 PM »

During Euro 2024, he had an average 90% passing accuracy per game. 92% of that was in his own half. 89% was in the opposition half.

During last years Premier League campaign, playing "Dycheball", he had an average 85% passing accuracy per game. 90% of that was in his own half. 81% of that was in the opposition half.

Which for the record, is pretty similar to Douglas Luiz Premier League campaign last season. (89% overall, 93% in own half, 80% in opposition half.)

Come on now Onana is no Douglas Luiz the only metric he beats Dougie at is height!
As a 6 for Belgian in Euros he was over ran and ironically it was crying out for Your Tielemans to replace him in a game.

It's kind of necessary to have a few 6ft plus players in the teams now and of course Onana has quality other than his sheer size but I don't think he got the passing range , penalty nous or set piece ability and creativity of Luiz.

Offline pablo_picasso

• GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #383 on: July 26, 2024, 01:42:19 PM »

Come on now Onana is no Douglas Luiz the only metric he beats Dougie at is height!
As a 6 for Belgian in Euros he was over ran and ironically it was crying out for Your Tielemans to replace him in a game.

It's kind of necessary to have a few 6ft plus players in the teams now and of course Onana has quality other than his sheer size but I don't think he got the passing range , penalty nous or set piece ability and creativity of Luiz.

Read what I have written again.

Offline villadelph

• | UTV | 215 |
  • GM : 20.05.2025
« Reply #384 on: July 26, 2024, 02:02:18 PM »

But he's got 5x the physicality, is willing to make a tackle (which Doug never did), and has a better discipline record because he's not caught out of position and has to tug a shirt to stop an opponent's fast break. Oh, and he's four years younger. Let's see where he progress to when he's 26.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #385 on: July 26, 2024, 02:48:21 PM »
He's a strong player physicality wise however he does need to work on his football intelligence and his passing and ability isn't anywhere near Douglas Luiz level in my view .... Would like to see another midfielder in to address concern of Luiz leaving though.
Several people on here seem to be seeking the Dougie-replacement player. What if UE is not trying to replace one player with a carbon copy? Maybe UE is instead bringing players who all have a pass in them, who can all be quarterback when required.
We already have players like Ramsey, Rogers, Tielemans, Barkley, Bailey and Kamara who can see and hit a pass - either run-of-the-mill or Hollywood style - and I'm guessing that he sees the same in Barrenechea, I-J, Onana, Dobbin and Jaden.
If this is the case, then we are seriously building a squad that will ride the injuries and periods of off-form that most squads suffer from during a season.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #386 on: July 27, 2024, 12:36:59 AM »
This is one of the blokes from the Everton podcasts I was on about, with his views on AO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1K_gePUh7_8&list=PLp2k7qLDmtqEVhm603RzqjKPVzE14dTrw&index=2&pp=iAQB

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #387 on: July 27, 2024, 12:55:10 AM »
I asked the other day why his English is so good but no one replied. Is it just because he's really clever, do we think?

Online edgysatsuma89

« Reply #388 on: July 27, 2024, 01:24:49 AM »
I asked the other day why his English is so good but no one replied. Is it just because he's really clever, do we think?

Well going by what was on his tablet when pictured on the plane, he looked like he was watching Love Island, so maybe that's where he is getting a lot of his lessons. Although you did say his English was 'good', so maybe not.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #389 on: July 27, 2024, 06:12:50 AM »
He's fluent in a number of languages.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal