collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tony’s Statement. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:12:16 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by pauliewalnuts
[October 16, 2024, 11:46:53 PM]

The International Cricket Thread by tomd2103
[October 16, 2024, 11:20:15 PM]

Gary Shaw and Tony Morley - Football Romantics by Legion
[October 16, 2024, 10:57:11 PM]

Games moved for Sky, etc 2024-25 by Meanwood Villa
[October 16, 2024, 09:52:13 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by The Moose
[October 16, 2024, 09:38:05 PM]

Fulham v Aston Villa Pre Match by VillaTim
[October 16, 2024, 09:34:47 PM]

Champions League by FrankyH
[October 16, 2024, 09:23:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations  (Read 284013 times)

Offline Chip Butty 111

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations
« Reply #4095 on: October 16, 2024, 05:30:09 PM »
Sorry Chip Butty, I meant as far as the owners are concerned, he will spin that he is maxing profit across the CL games.
It looks awful but he does not care about optics.
No worries we were looking at different angles. Although I moan about GA+ I don't think it's a bad idea in general. I just think we've gone about it in a bad way, the seats are mostly in the wrong areas and it's overpriced. The most disappointing thing is the leftover empty seats now we are flying on the pitch. It'll be interesting to see if Juventus turns out to be more like Bayern or Bologna for sales.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #4096 on: October 16, 2024, 10:33:12 PM »
Where do you think GA+ tickets should be located?

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 28.08.2025
« Reply #4097 on: October 16, 2024, 10:46:50 PM »
Sorry Chip Butty, I meant as far as the owners are concerned, he will spin that he is maxing profit across the CL games.
It looks awful but he does not care about optics.
No worries we were looking at different angles. Although I moan about GA+ I don't think it's a bad idea in general. I just think we've gone about it in a bad way, the seats are mostly in the wrong areas and it's overpriced. The most disappointing thing is the leftover empty seats now we are flying on the pitch. It'll be interesting to see if Juventus turns out to be more like Bayern or Bologna for sales.

Bologna is largely sold out.

I get your general point, but it's not like we're going to be playing in front of thousands of empty seats.

Online jon collett

« Reply #4098 on: October 16, 2024, 11:04:21 PM »
Saw a weird quote from Heck today where he essentially implied English people are obsessed with football because there aren’t other sports here. He compounded this by saying it’s a family thing.

I think we probably play and watch more sports than most countries but I thought the interesting insight is he clearly sees us as a captive audience!

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4099 on: October 16, 2024, 11:11:41 PM »
He’s right.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #4100 on: October 16, 2024, 11:17:33 PM »
Saw a weird quote from Heck today where he essentially implied English people are obsessed with football because there aren’t other sports here. He compounded this by saying it’s a family thing.

I think we probably play and watch more sports than most countries but I thought the interesting insight is he clearly sees us as a captive audience!

He is right though.

There's football and what comes after?

Rugby Union - a shit sport loved by a few hundred thousand Barbour jacket wearing racists.
Cricket - a sport which doesn't have any form of recognisable season or championship
Rugby League - like Rugby Union except for people from weird northern places the rest of us would rather not think of.
F1 - all a bit Alan Partridge, and fundamentally, not even a sport.

In the US they have way, way less of a gap between the top sport and the rest.

They even have nonsense like college 'football'.

Online jon collett

« Reply #4101 on: October 16, 2024, 11:39:38 PM »

He is right though.

Rugby Union - a shit sport loved by a few hundred thousand Barbour jacket wearing racists.
Cricket - a sport which doesn't have any form of recognisable season or championship
Rugby League - like Rugby Union except for people from weird northern places the rest of us would rather not think of.

That’s almost all pejorative nonsense but as I said I think the more interesting insight is him seeing Villa supporters as a captive audience!

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #4102 on: October 16, 2024, 11:46:53 PM »

He is right though.

That’s almost all pejorative nonsense but as I said I think the more interesting insight is him seeing Villa supporters as a captive audience!

Yes but it’s his argument that it’s football and then a massive gap in this country, and he’s right isn’t he?

Certainly compared to the US.

There really aren’t many other top level sports competing for attention and people do not switch club.

If you’re a sports fan in Philadelphia you might follow the Eagles, the 76ers, whatever their ice hockey team is called plus the local college teams. All serious competitors for sports attending money.

How many Villa fans do you think say “I can either spend my money on going to Villa Park or go to
edgbaston and shiver with the other 500 people watching county cricket”?

He’s absolutely spot on

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal