collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

BSC Young Boys vs Aston Villa CL Pre-Match by villa_cads
[Today at 07:49:26 PM]

Other Games - 2024/25 by Exeter 77
[Today at 07:45:00 PM]

Gary Shaw - RIP by RichardBatchelor
[Today at 07:35:29 PM]

When he gets the ball by Exeter 77
[Today at 07:26:32 PM]

Jhon Durán by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 07:17:53 PM]

Aston Villa v Everton Post-Match Thread by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:53:53 PM]

Ross Barkley by john e
[Today at 06:23:53 PM]

Emi Buendia by Dante Lavelli
[Today at 06:22:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FFP  (Read 278395 times)

Offline garyellis

Re: FFP
« Reply #3630 on: September 07, 2024, 05:55:34 PM »
Would our deadline for UEFA have changed given we changed our accounting year end date?

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2025
« Reply #3631 on: September 07, 2024, 08:46:18 PM »
It sounds like everyone has the same deadline.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #3632 on: September 07, 2024, 08:58:16 PM »
Next summer my guess is kamara or duran will be the sacrificial lamb to help witn FFP

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3633 on: September 07, 2024, 09:20:59 PM »
Would our deadline for UEFA have changed given we changed our accounting year end date?
No

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3634 on: September 07, 2024, 09:57:59 PM »
Tens of thousands of people just paid £355 for an Oasis ticket, when they thought they were queuing for one at half that price.  Much as I hate it, I suspect we'll have no trouble at all selling them all at those prices.

Personally, I'm WAAAAY down the list in terms of being able to qualify to buy one, and I'd snap your hand off tomorrow if I was able to get one.

Someone might always pay for it, aye.

The danger with this shit is we'll have daytripping herberts in the Villa end like Citeh had a few years back. Prats smiling, laughing and taking photos after Benzema had scored against them.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3635 on: September 09, 2024, 10:51:34 AM »
Next summer my guess is kamara or duran will be the sacrificial lamb to help witn FFP

You keep saying this but a) from next season, the league falls in line with Europe and it becomes about the percentage of salary and amortisation to revenue and b) you assume that we're going to have difficulties every season which hasn't been the case before this summer.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #3636 on: September 09, 2024, 08:17:17 PM »

You keep saying this but a) from next season, the league falls in line with Europe and it becomes about the percentage of salary and amortisation to revenue and b) you assume that we're going to have difficulties every season which hasn't been the case before this summer.

Lets be honest none of us know the situation with the finances. None of us realised how bad it was until recently after vidaganys comments so you would assume with that in mind new rules or not someone will have to be sacrificed esp of we do not qualify for CL. I think its completely unrealistic tk think otherwise

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #3637 on: September 11, 2024, 07:25:12 AM »

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #3638 on: September 11, 2024, 08:06:01 AM »

Lets be honest none of us know the situation with the finances. None of us realised how bad it was until recently after vidaganys comments so you would assume with that in mind new rules or not someone will have to be sacrificed esp of we do not qualify for CL. I think its completely unrealistic tk think otherwise

Well we hopefully won't have spent millions sacking a crap manager and a bundle of coaching staff as we did with Gerard. We will have 10s millions more income generated from all streams so it all depends on how much the new contracts for the premium players set us back.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3639 on: September 11, 2024, 03:17:59 PM »
Can anyone remember/was it easy to identify in the accounts, how much we had to pay-off Gerrard and his army of nodding dogs? They must have felt the best versions of themselves when they got their redundancy pay-off.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #3640 on: September 11, 2024, 04:13:25 PM »

Well we hopefully won't have spent millions sacking a crap manager and a bundle of coaching staff as we did with Gerard. We will have 10s millions more income generated from all streams so it all depends on how much the new contracts for the premium players set us back.

I hope so rob. Im hoping this summer we wont have so many shackles on us. As it appears we wanted to spend a lot more but because of those shackles irs restricted what we can do

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3641 on: September 11, 2024, 07:34:33 PM »

Correct, none of us know the position (although Heck has stated a goal of the business bringing in an extra £50m each year) so why assume that we'll have to sell a first-teamer every year to satisfy financial rules (that are changing to align with Uefa's salary cap) and keep posting about it at every opportunity?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #3642 on: September 11, 2024, 07:43:17 PM »
We were paying Gerrard a reported £5m a year, paid Rangers £4.25m compensation, and then paid him off after a year. And that's before the rest of his staff.

That's one of the many reasons why screwing an extra £20 out of fans pisses me off so much.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #3643 on: September 11, 2024, 07:58:09 PM »

Correct, none of us know the position (although Heck has stated a goal of the business bringing in an extra £50m each year) so why assume that we'll have to sell a first-teamer every year to satisfy financial rules (that are changing to align with Uefa's salary cap) and keep posting about it at every opportunity?

I am not posting it at every opportunity. If someone quotes me i will respond to it. This is a football forum after all and various subjects are repeated.

Back on subject. Hecks going to rack in that 50m with all the additional costs in terms of season tickets but i think his plan is also dependent on regularly qualifying for Cl. If we dont get tgis year i think we are ok but if we dont the year after then im not sure how we dont generate extra revenue without selling players.

Its essential if we miss out on CL we keep key players like Newcastle have managed to

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3644 on: September 11, 2024, 08:09:18 PM »
Yanited with a £113m loss last year (23/24). £28m in 22/23, £115m in 21/22.  £254.7m loss over three years.

Deduct these ****** points now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal